At this year’s SOTIC in The Bahamas, under the theme “Rejuvenate. Recreate. Reconnect. New Directions for Caribbean Tourism”, CTO will host a wellness showcase.
SOTIC will focus on exploring opportunities to innovate, and to utilize the unique experiences and authentic products to stimulate increased travel to the Caribbean. The purpose of the wellness showcase is to facilitate the promotion and sale of goods and services available in the region. We will also host a wellness retreat to give a first-hand experience of the host product to retreaters.
The Caribbean has been recognized as a region that epitomizes wellness. CTO wants to help the region become more visible in the wellness space so we are providing an opportunity for wellness companies to participate in this exhibition to showcase their goods and services.
SOTIC offers a platform for brand promotion and business development for companies and can substantially increase awareness of brands in the tourism and hospitality sector. This is an event not to be missed if you are focused on promoting your business to the right audience.
The exhibition can accommodate a limited number of tabletop top and pipe-and-drape installations, and all applications will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis.
– Each tabletop exhibit is limited to 2 representatives. Tabletop space will be approximately 8ft. x 8ft.
– Each pipe and drape exhibit is limited to 3 representatives. Pipe and drape exhibit space is approximately 10ft. x 10ft.
– Accommodation and Food and Beverage are not included in the exhibit fees.
– A limited number of rooms are available and will be booked on a first-come first served basis. The room rates include taxes, and breakfast and dinner at select restaurants; however, rates do not include lunch. Lunch may be purchased separately at $75.00 per person per day.
– Each exhibit space will be outfitted with a skirted 6ft. table and 2 chairs. Exhibitors must provide their own method of branding and displaying their product.
– Each exhibitor must declare to The Bahamas Customs officials all items being brought into the island for the Exhibition. Please indicate those items on the attached application form.
– Exhibitor set up will be facilitated on Tuesday, October 2. Exhibition set up may begin at noon, but must be completed by 5:00pm, shortly after which the Opening Ceremony will begin.
– Exhibit break-down will begin at 4:00pm and must be completed by 6:30pm on Friday, October 5, 2018.
Completed application forms must reach CTO by Friday, September 14, 2018, accompanied by payment in full.
Payment may be made by credit card, certified check/money order payable to the Caribbean Tourism Organization or in US currency.
Payments are non-refundable after September 21, 2018.
DOWNLOAD EXHIBITOR APPLICATION FORM (Updated Sept. 7, 2018)
All perishable goods being imported into the country are dutiable. However, once an itemized listing, approximate value and serial numbers if any are provided for the goods being imported, the Bahamas Ministry of Tourism will then request waiver for the same.
Note, the waiver is not automatic and there are stipulations such as, identity of the goods that are being consumed, displayed, sold or donated to charity. This will determine full or partial waiver.